We’ll need every bathroom people keep asking us about. (“Five and a half bathrooms? You only have four bedrooms…”)
- Heir 2 and the Twin Progeny will casually saunter outside like they’re going for a walk or something. Shortly afterward we will look out the window to see them putting to use some piece of detritus in a new and unusual way, probably involving unhealthy heights and noxious smells.
and I will drag out the entire contents of the freezer and refrigerator and come up with an incredible meal which we won’t be able to recreate because we wrote nothing down and now we’ve had too many gins and tonics to remember. Dark Garden
- John Boy will explain the fine points of how to break even at craps and black jack. Everyone will pretend to listen. At the end of the evening everyone will be thankful we don’t use real money.
- John Boy will end the evening attempting to recap all the statistics garnered that night and reading them aloud to everyone. No one will care. He will store these statistics in his Basement of Doom and keep them for the next 30 years.
- Dirtman will spend the weekend holed up in his office, claiming he’s working, but actually watching ESPN. (He will come out on Casino Night to mop the floor with everyone, mostly because he can count cards while carrying on normal conversations, even though he will deny this vehemently.)
- Something will break down. It will be something for which we cannot find the instruction book.
will shake his head in disgust and then fix it. No one knows how he does this. It is a gift. Dark Garden Dark Garden
- Heir 1 will attempt to slip an annoying CD onto the stereo. Everyone will yell at him when they’ve had enough of listening to what sounds like feedback or a moose in pain.
So if you’re in the area, drop on by. We’ll be in – unless I’ve got to make a food run, in which case just find a chair, have a seat and someone will be along with a drink in a minute or two.