Thursday, February 02, 2006

And another thing...

I don't often post twice in one day, but this truly annoyed me.

God forbid we have an event untainted by politics. I mean, here is one holiday you can't accuse of favoring one specific religion or political figure. A totally non-sectarian, apolitical, innocuous tongue-in-cheek celebration and they've got to attach A Cause to it.

Now I'm against global warming (though my feet and hands at night could use a little help) and I'm very much against massive blood loss. And whether people play the lottery or not is their own business and, quite frankly, I doubt it needs much in the way of advertising. (I'm sure our good friend Sam Rasthein will have something to say about this.)

But what's all this got to do with Groundhog Day?

I will very quietly say that I was equally annoyed by the whole thing turning into a Steelers rally, but since it's their town, and their celebration, I'll just roll my eyes. I know the same thing would happen at a Virginia event were the Redskins in the Super Bowel. And, no, that's not a typo.

Strangely....I have "I've Got You Babe" running through my head...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree.............I can't believe everyone had to bring their own personal agenda to this little event. Tsk!

Darkgarden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darkgarden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.