Tuesday, April 22, 2008

As if you need any further proof... (edited)

...that I am a major geek, I've spent the better part of this afternoon with my camera poised out the window* because we actually have a bluebird family moving into our bluebird house...


...and...

...and...

...AND...

...the cowbirds are back!



They may not look like much, but their call absolutely sparkles in the trees.

I don't know what it says that these two developments had me in tears of joy this morning. I admit this reluctantly because I'm not really a sentimental person.

To save face, I will share with you that I'm about ready to dispatch this fellow to the fiery and, hopefully, annoying depths of birdy hell.

*Obviously, no luck in the bird photography department. That might have something to do with the four Aussies panting over my shoulder.

7 comments:

jagosaurus said...

What's your beef with the whippoorwill?

Sisiggy said...

Jane: Oops. Forgot to link it. Sorry.

Fixed.

jagosaurus said...

Ah. I understand.

Have the raccoons moved into the attic yet? Or have the bats already beat them to it?

Just, uh, curious. I mean, it rarely ever happens.

And, uh, you don't have an attic fan do you?

Again, just curious.

Darkgarden said...

...bats?.... BATS?... no one every said anything to me about bats over there!

Sisiggy said...

Jane: Gaspode pretty much tore through some hapless raccoon that stupidly wandered close. I have to believe the raccoon gene pool was all the better for it; no intelligent raccoon would wander into a yard full of dogs.
If we had bats and an attic fan, you can bet one of the Heirs would be sitting on the switch waiting for an equally stupid bat to try to make it through before he turned it on.

DG: We have hermetically sealed your room since the unfortunate mousey incident. And we let your favorite terrier scout around downstairs before you arrive. So next time you arrive and Gaspode is barking at your knees, say, "Thank you, Gaspode, for making my stay so enjoyable."

Leslie Shelor said...

We seem to have birds on the brain, lately.

And regarding the untimliness of your neighbor's symphonies; I once had twelve roosters in my yard. None of my neighbors murdered me or the birds, oddly enough.

jagosaurus said...

Do not underestimate bat stealth.